La 475 Blanche De Pratto

Mar 06, 2020
Added:
Oct 16, 2010
No description / notes.
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.

Rated: 3.5 by rugene from Canada (QC)

Mar 06, 2020
Reviewed by flipper2gv from Canada (QC)

3.58/5  rDev -4.8%
A: Well, it definitely doesn't look the part for the genre. Pours a pale yellow, pretty translucent on the first pour, off white soapy head with almost no retention at all (dissipates almost immediately). Very little lacing.

S: But, it does smell good for sure. You have the typical lemon-y tartness you'd expect from the genre. There are spices from the yeast with cloves and nutmeg most of all but also cardamom and coriander. Some light honey like malt notes in the back but that's almost it for the honey.

T: First thing I notice is how clean it is on the palate. Very little malt notes in the taste but what is left is a solid lemon-y / granny smith apples like tartness. There are light mineral notes in the back too. The spices are still there with cloves and cardamom first, nutmeg and coriander second. Like someone else said, a bit more malt would have been nice (and more genre appropriate) but what is there is very refreshing and nice on its own.

M: Too light and the carbonation is wrong for the genre for sure. A good wibier should be light and fluffy in the mouth and this almost feels like a pilsner with how clean and crisp it is. Completely wrong for the genre.

O: This is a weird beer. It's definitely good on its own, but it's also all sorts of wrong for the genre. Still, I enjoyed it and I suppose most will too.
Mar 31, 2019
Reviewed by Alexc11 from Canada (QC)

3.57/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5
I'm not as enamoured as others about this beer but it's very good. It has a decent, medium lace (more foamy) and a cloudy pale straw (yellow/gold) color. Strong peppery carbonation that may overshadow spice flavours which I expected more of. It has a freaky (in a good way) dungy aroma with so many things going on at the same time; I think the predominant ones may be orange and banana but not sure I caught some coriander. Anyway, another solid Quebec micro-beer.
Apr 15, 2018

Rated: 3.95 by Sam106 from Canada (QC)

Jan 03, 2018
Rated by eberesford from Canada (ON)

3.79/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4
Pale straw misty with good head and lacing. Banana, coriander on the nose. Banana in the mouth
Aug 15, 2017

Rated: 3.81 by JOhn_Molson from Canada (QC)

Jan 08, 2017
Reviewed by Lewnanny from Canada (NB)

4.06/5  rDev +8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4
Bought this one in Rivière du Loup, at a gas bar a couple of week ago.

Finally opened the bottle, and I was amaze how nice the taste of this one was. I'm a big fan of whitbier, so I'm a bit skewed. I must say I always like them,even if the taste doesn't make unanimous descision when we do a tatse evening among friend.

The Blanche de Pratto will be in my fridge again, as soon I have the chance to find it again in a store somewhere.

I had it again on friday may 12, 2017
Jun 11, 2016

Rated: 3.47 by Whatup14 from Canada (QC)

May 02, 2016

Rated: 3.94 by VincentGR from Canada (QC)

May 01, 2016

Rated: 3.94 by Supergenou from Canada (QC)

Apr 15, 2016

Rated: 4.5 by Abbott from Canada (QC)

Apr 10, 2016

Rated: 3.85 by Max8787 from Canada (QC)

Dec 20, 2015
Reviewed by HopAlongG from New Hampshire

4.1/5  rDev +9%
Had it on tap in Gaspe and was floored by how fantastic it was. I'm a huge fan of wit/hefe styles in general and this was a standout. When I ordered a 4th pint the waiter shook his head but I smiled broadly and kept on chugging.......head hurt at sunrise when I fired my shotgun but it was worth it. Oddly, I had one at dinner from a bottle the next evening and was very disappointed, as in it almost tasted like a different beer. If the tap represents the beer then I highly recommend it.....along with a trip to that absolutely gorgeous area of Quebec.
Sep 28, 2015

Rated: 3.25 by Socialiste from Canada (QC)

Aug 09, 2015

Rated: 3.64 by Gop from Canada (QC)

Jul 13, 2015

Rated: 3.76 by rale from France

Jul 09, 2015
Rated by abcdmichel from Switzerland

4.18/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
My best quebec wit beer so far. Very good taste, perfect quantity of bubbles, nice color.
Mar 20, 2015

Rated: 3.75 by J-M from Canada (QC)

Nov 30, 2014

Rated: 3.75 by Mack from Canada (QC)

Jun 07, 2014

Rated: 3.75 by Krakpoff from Canada (QC)

Feb 24, 2014