Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Lambic #3 | Bootlegger's Brewery

3.67/5
Good

Bootlegger's Brewery
bootleggersbrewery.com

Style: American Wild Ale

Added by jerz on 04-25-2010

3.65/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.35/5  rDev +18.5%

On-tap at Bootlegger's,

A: Pours a deep golden colour, with a light white head, fair retention.

S: Lemons, lactic acid, almonds and wheat.

T: Really a straight up lambic, gueuze style. Lemons, must, great lactic acidity combine for a great flavour. Interesting note of almond brittle in there as well.

M: Moderate/high acid which is fine by me. Low carbonation, very prominent in the mouth.

D: This was my favourite of the beers I tried at Bootlegger's today, in fact it was my first one. Great true sour flavour, I'd put this up against any domestic sour. Reminded me a lot of the #4.

3.68/5  rDev +0.3%

On-tap at Bootlegger's

A: A clear light golden color with just a thin bit of white head on top.

S: Not terrible tart/acidic in terms of the nose. A bit oaky with some lightly bready malts and some tartness on the back end.

T: A bit of oak and must in the flavor with a combination of lactic and acetic acidity. There are some bready and mildly sweet malts mixed in as well.

M: The body is on the light side of medium with a moderate level of carbonation.

D: A pretty light and easy drinking beer. The mix of sweetness of sourness was alright, though I prefer my sours to be teeth melting.

Lambic #3 from Bootlegger's Brewery