Belgium Double | Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
dellsbrewing.com

Style: Dubbel

Added by wheatyweiss on 07-02-2008

3.25/5  rDev -6.6%

3.13/5  rDev -10.1%

Light brown in color with little to no head to speak of. Banana on the nose from the yeast. The attack comes on strong and powerful with a strong malt character and hints of cloves and spice. The mouthfeel is nice and thick and is the highlight. I think I would like this beer better sans spice notes. It is just okay for me.

3.95/5  rDev +13.5%

Reported to use "Bastogne Belgian Ale Yeast"

Served to me in a pint with a small cap. Light copper in color with no visible cloud.

Nose is fruity yeast and malt. Nose is quite sweet with an earthy undertone.

Flavor is of dark roasted malt, sour yeast and caramel. There is a surprising nut-like or oatmeal flavor to the beer that rides on the sourness of the yeast. The flavor of burnt grains is pretty strong.

Mouthfeel is medium body with a low carbonation, a little thin for a dubbel and I would expect a bit livelier of carbonation.

Overall, a good beer although I can't really comment on how well it represents a double. Very substantial, which is odd with the medium mouthfeel.

Recommend for a try.

Belgium Double from Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.