English Brown Ale | Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
dellsbrewing.com

Style: English Brown Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Ragingbull on 07-15-2009

3.78/5  rDev 0%

This review is being completed from notes that I took at the Moosejaw brewery on May 17, 2007. I don't see this beer anywhere on the list and have entered it as a new beer as there isn't really anything on the list that looks like it could be the beer served to me as an English Brown ale.

The beer was served to me and had a dark brown color with a frothy mocha head. The attack is a bit musty and the taste kind of makes me think of old library books. As odd as it sounds I find this to be extremely charming. The finish has some evergreen or mulch type notes. The malt really carries the body. The evergreen presents as the bittering. I liked it, and find it surprising I couldn't find it here after two years. I hope they start brewing it again before I go back.

English Brown Ale from Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co.