Mischief Night Pumpkin Ale | Stewart's Brewing Co.

Stewart's Brewing Co.
Delaware, United States
stewartsbrewingcompany.com

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Availability: Fall

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-28-2008

4.17/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This is one of the best looking pumpkin beers I've seen in awhile. A lot of autumn spiced on the nose and pallet but solid pumpkin flavors on the taste. One of the better local offerings in terms of pumpkin ales.

3.44/5  rDev -14.9%

3.5/5  rDev -13.4%

3.25/5  rDev -19.6%

4.25/5  rDev +5.2%

4.5/5  rDev +11.4%

3.95/5  rDev -2.2%

First had: on tap at their brewpub

Poured a hazy burnt orange, with a thin layer of white bubbles for a head. Great aroma, cinnamon and spice, with the sensation that it was poured from a hollow pumpkin. Sweet taste, caramel malts, cinnamon and allspice, nutmeg, with pumpkin more on the subtle side, and some earthiness in the finish. Medium body, and overall a very nice pumpkin beer.

3.99/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Big thanks to mday for getting this out my way.

Poured into a tulip. Appearance is a light orange copper. Slightly opaque. Off white head and a bit of lacing. Nose is really light with only the slightest bit of pumpkin discernable. The taste is a total 180, as there are some really nice notes of fresh pumpkin, lift brown sugar, and some spicing. Good creamy feel on a medium body. Drinks quite well. I am quite impressed with my first offering from this brewery.

4.2/5  rDev +4%

So this is like the tenth Pumpkin beer I've tried this year. I havent really found one I would say is my favorite. Until now. Too bad they don't bottle this stuff.

The beer poured a burnt orange with a nice thick white head.

Aroma was pumpkin pie like. Pie related spices and I picked up a small hint of lemon. Not sure what it was that was giving me that, but I revisited the aroma several times and convinced myself I was picking up lemon.

This beer reminded me of thanksgiving with my Grandmother. She makes this awesome pumpkin bread and she makes a bunch extra for me to take home. This is what this beer was like for me. A well made pumpkin bread. The pumpkin taste was very apparent, not too sweet or artificial tasting. Nice balance with the malts. Every other pumpkin beer I've tried was either too malty or not malty enough. This beer found the happy medium for me.

Really good pumpkin beer, I'd say my favorite to date. Only thing I would prefer is a little bit higher ABV.

3.99/5  rDev -1.2%

Growler thanks to the Growling at the Moon BIF, sorry, can't remeber the person who sent it to me. But really glad he did. Review from notes, poured into a tulip.

A: Cloudy burnt orange color. The pour produced one and a half fingers of eggshell white head that receeded rather quickly and left some lace.

A: Pumpking spice all the way. Pumpkin pie, cinnimon, nutmeg, allspice, and yams. I get some earthy hops, and nice caramel malts. Well balanced nose.

T: Very sweet pumpkin pie. All of the same flavors that I got in the nose. I could have this one in place of dessert on Thanksgiving. The beer finishes dry and sweet.

M: Medium to heavy body, light carbonation. Sticky sweet on the palate.

D and overall impression: Drinkability is somewhat limited due to the sweetness of the brew. Overall this is a fine fall seasonal beer. One of the better pumpkin beers I have had. Skal.

4.15/5  rDev +2.7%

The color is pumpkin... no joke, a nice earthy orange color. Good, clean frothy head, good lacing. Smell is of mild pumpkin pie (pumpkin, cinamin, nutmeg), no over agressive spicing. Taste is of homemade pumpkin pie. Emphais is on the rich pumpkin flavor with exceptionaly mild level of spicing (cinanmin, nutmeg, ginger). Slightly milky sweet taste, whipped cream maybe! Mouthfeel is smooth and creamy, good carbonation, no aftertaste.

One of the best pumpkin beers i have ever had, mayb be my #2 or #3 behind Pumking or Elysian. To many brewers over-spice, but this is balance. If it was just slightly more aggressive in flavor, it could be #1.

Mischief Night Pumpkin Ale from Stewart's Brewing Co.