Würzburger Hofbräu May Bock | Würzburger Hofbräu AG

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Würzburger Hofbräu AG
Germany | website

Style: Maibock / Helles Bock

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by connecticutpoet on 03-24-2009

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3
3.03/5  rDev -0.7%

Reviewed from my notes. Tasted some time ago, but I've been keeping my database for over 10 years.

This beer had a two finger head atop a clear yellow body on the pour. Somewhat paler than I would have expected a German maibock to be, but OK.

Aroma was mostly sweet light malts, lightly fruity but easy on the hops. Again, in keeping with the style, but nothing spectacular.

Taste was a little different. Lighter malts with a noticeable sweetness, and a hint of fruits... but slightly salty. Made me think that someone was thinking of blending this style with a gose at the brewery. I liked it, but it was unexpected.

Mouthfeel was good. Not too thin, and decent carbonation.

Drinkability is average. I wouldn't go too far out of my way to try this one again, as I am more of a hophead, but there was nothing disagreeable about it.

Würzburger Hofbräu May Bock from Würzburger Hofbräu AG