Würzburger Hofbräu Special Holiday Beer | Würzburger Hofbräu AG

Würzburger Hofbräu AG
Germany
wuerzburger-hofbraeu.de

Style: Euro Dark Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by connecticutpoet on 03-24-2009

3.5/5  rDev 0%

3.98/5  rDev 0%

Again, reviewed from my notes. It's a BIG database, and getting bigger by the week.

On the pour, this one produced a three finger head atop a clear red body. Nice color.

Aroma was of strong caramel malts, very easy on the lager-like skunkiness I get in a lot of imports.

Taste was very flavorful, caramel malts with a moderate sweetness. No real fruitiness, but also no hop presence. Bitterness was almost nonexistant.

Mouthfeel was good, a little bit of body to it, not overly heavy but certainly not watery.

Drinkability - this is probably the most drinkable beer of the style I have had. I would seek this one out again, although I don't know if it is still being produced.

Würzburger Hofbräu Special Holiday Beer from Würzburger Hofbräu AG