(512) Pecan Porter - Ancho Chilis & Tamarind | (512) Brewing Company

Style: American Porter

Added by stumac on 10-21-2012

4.75/5  rDev 0%

2.92/5  rDev 0%

Had this on cask at Black Sheep. Poured out of the bunghole in my glassy poo. No head, no lacing, probably due to the oils in the chilies. And right up front, you could have told me this was their regular pecan porter and I would have believed you. I don't smell or taste any kind of ancho peppers. I do get a hiiint of spice in the finish but that's all. I've never had a tamarind fruit so I couldn't tell you about that. Nothing exciting here. I was looking for some action in my glass but I was denied. On a lighter note, I love their pecan porter so it still is a tasty burger. But don't go outta your way for this one.

(512) Pecan Porter - Ancho Chilis & Tamarind from (512) Brewing Company