Colorado Native Olathe

Gots
SCORE
n/a
Colorado Native OlatheColorado Native Olathe
Notes: Colorado Native Olathe. Whether it is fruits, vegetables, grains, or hops, the fertile ground from Fruita to Palisade down to Montrose and from Paonia to Delta produces world-class agriculture. To celebrate the harvest season, we brew this lager as a tip of the hat to those Colorado farmers who work the ground to feed us all.

To provide the backbone for this German-style lager, we mashed in Charles two-row winter barley, Moravian two-row barley and world-renowned Olathe corn. We added Crystal and Nugget hops, grown in Olathe, within a mile of the barley and corn. The resulting taste has a rich, malty honey character with clean bitterness.

YEAST: Native House Lager Yeast
HOPS: Centennial, Crystal, Nugget
MALTS: Charles Pale & Two-Row Moravian Munich
MAGIC: Olathe Sweet Corn
IBU: 25
View: Beers
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5 | Log in to view all ratings and sort

Look: Pale orange-gold, looks like apple juice. Small white head that quickly dissipates.

Smell: Sweet corn, grain, a bit of hops. Mostly just a crisp scent, honestly it kind of smells like Keystone Light but... better.

Taste: Corn and grain, but more rich than I expected.

Feel: Normal carbonation, warm, dry mouthfeel after swallowing.

Overall: I was a bit nervous when I read a previous review and saw it was an Adjunct Lager, but I'm glad I tried this one. I really would say it's pretty much a Keystone or something similar, but better. Nothing to write home about, but certainly not bad. Easy drinking, would recommend for campfires. 3s all around.

Colorado Native Olathe from AC Golden Brewing Company