Imperial Porter | Seven Brides Brewing

Seven Brides Brewing
Oregon, United States
sevenbridesbrewing.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by ccrida on 03-03-2010

4.2

4.2/5  rDev 0%

On draught at the Tanasbourne Whole Foods, Seven Bride's Imperial Porter is a dark garnet brown with a very large, frothy head that took some time to settle and top off before I got my full pint, leaving scattered lace.

Smell is big caramel maltines, and some chocolate.

Taste is very robust, with massive caramel, char and roasted malts, clean and well made. Very impressive, my first beer from Seven Brides, although I confess to being partial to this style.

Mouthfeel is thick, chewy.

Drinkability is surprisingly high for such a huge beer, at least in regards to being highly satisfying when you're craving a big rich dark ale. While not a fast drinker, I definitely wished I had the time for another one!

Imperial Porter from Seven Brides Brewing