Sow Your Oats Stout | The Run of the Mill Public House & Brewery

The Run of the Mill Public House & Brewery
Maine, United States
therunofthemill.net

Style: Oatmeal Stout

Our most complex brew with seven different types of barley and oats. This is stronger and hoppier than Tarbox, with the oats imparting a well-rounded mouthfeel.

Added by Brez07 on 09-27-2010

3.25/5  rDev -6.9%

3.5/5  rDev +0.3%

3.75/5  rDev +7.4%

3.44/5  rDev -1.4%

Killed some time today at the bar and stumbled upon this pretty good beer

A: Fairly dark pour that sits motionless. Very impressive head - started with 2 fingers of sandy head and the retention was amazing (there was about a fingers worth the entire time I drank it). Lots of thick lacing

S: Not much nose, but what I got was some roasted malt and a little oat

T: Reminds me a lot of Guiness, but thicker and more flavorful. Good amount of oat and just a slight hint of chocolate. Finishes roasty

M: Thick and creamy. Very smooth with just the right amount of carbonation. Maybe where this beer shines the most

D: Not sure of the ABV, but I'd put it around 5%. Went down quick and easy. This is my first beer from Run of the Mill and I'm impressed

Sow Your Oats Stout from The Run of the Mill Public House & Brewery