Airdale Horizon | Airdale Brewing Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Airdale Brewing Company
airdalebrewing.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Oxymoron on 10-09-2008

Reviews by armock:
2.8/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2

Had on tap aboard the USS Midway museum at the rear deck eating area in San Diego.

A - Poured an orange color with a white head that leaves lacing behind

S - Has a wheaty with some citrus nose

T - Follows the nose but is below average to say the least for a wheat beer even for its style

M - This beer has a light body with medium carbonation to it

D - Overall this was a disappointing beer the tap handle said it was a hefe and then when I get the beer its an American Wheat and not a good tasting one at that theres so many beers in San Diego to have before this one

3.54/5  rDev +14.9%

Tap @ O'Briens. Pours cloudy orange-yellow with a chunky white head. Zesty wheat and lemon peel aroma with grass in the nose. Sharp wheaty taste, a bit of clove and lemon, no banana. I prefer the Bavarian Hefe, but this is a true American wheat that is very well done.

2.4/5  rDev -22.1%

I hadn't intended on ordering this beer, but while on a trip to San Diego I had made a point to try beers I cannot get at home. All the other SD beers I had never had at the restaraunt we visited were out... except this.

A- Looks like a white ale, light cloudy yellow. It came with a stupid lemon, I threw it on the napkin before it could taint anything. Head faded quickly.

S- Yeasty and fruity,

T- Again, yeasty and fruity. Pretty weak on the wheaty wholseomness american wheats tend to have, so compared to the standard of the style it missed the mark.

M- Another miss here, no nearly enough carbonation for the style.

O- Totally forgettable.

4.16/5  rDev +35.1%

Sampled at GABF.

A - Electric apricot -- almost neon orange in color -- full of sediment -- simply gorgeous!

S - Citrus & freshly baked french bread

T - Clove, tangerine, bread dough, and spicy citrus backend

M - Very full, nice effervescence, love the sediment!

D - Surprisingly refreshing for something looking so thick.

Probably my favorite Hefe right now. I'm tiring of the banana/clove thing, so it's great to find something so flavorful without being cloying.

2.58/5  rDev -16.2%

464th review on BA
Draft

I am reviewing this to the style the brewer mentioned to me it was at OC Beerfest on 5/14.

Hefeweizen

App- Light pale yellow with some lines of dark yellow running through it. Small impish head with no real lacing on it.

Smell- For a hefe this contained none of the usual smells, banana, bubblegum some light pepper. Just a bit flat and wheaty. (I get wheat now if a APA)

Taste- Just not tasty, light, watery, malty. Not balanced at all. I wasnt a fan and even if it was a APA, still not very tasty to that style.

Mouth- Light bodied and high carbed. A pretty wet drinking beer but a flat malty aftertaste ruins a higher score.

Drink- I was not a fan of this at all, It was a bit off putting and just tasted too malty to be either style.

Airdale Horizon from Airdale Brewing Company