Westmalle Airy | Earth Bread + Brewery

Liked:
3.91/5
Alströms:

4.32/5  rDev 0%

I was impressed with this one. i reminded me of the Aventis i had the other day.

Aroma of toasted malt, wheat, yeasty spice, caramel and banana.

Taste is very similar, but i enjoyed the toffee caramel tones very much. will seek this out again for sure.

3.5/5  rDev 0%

Westmalle Airy....on tap at Earth Bread

I tried this at Earth Bread and feel compelled to review, hope I got the style right.

Appearance-dark brown, heavy thick head stays there, slow carbonation.

Smell-burnt wheat, alcohol fumes, dried fruit, smoky flavors.

Taste/Mouthfeel-dark and alcholic, lots of things going on, fruit appears, wheat dominates as expected mixes with the alcohol for a forceful taste.

Drinkability-not for everyone, but it is unique.

Overall-summed up by the drinkability line, a unique but not perfect beer, I liked the flavor profile, hits hard, maybe not a sessioner but a solid beer.

Westmalle Airy from Earth Bread + Brewery