Brown Out | Earth Bread + Brewery

earthbreadbrewery.com

Style: English Brown Ale

Added by Rifugium on 02-16-2012

3.99/5  rDev 0%

First had: on tap at their brewpub

What a great session: Red Velvet Cupcake, Top Quark, and Brown Out. I'd say three for three on this one, Earth Bread!

Brown ales are hit or miss with me, and mostly misses, but I figured I'd give this one a try. Poured a semi-translucent neutral brown color with a nice cap of foamy white head that retained well and left a bit of lacing on the glass. Aroma was just delightful, rich with honey and caramel malts. Taste of caramel, honey, toasty malts, nuts, brown sugar. Full of flavor for sure, but yet a little bit watery in the mouthfeel--a problem I have with most brown ales. Still nice overall, and very sessionable at 4.1%ABV.

Brown Out from Earth Bread + Brewery