Zug Zwang

Rotating/Seasonal
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Notes: Brewed with vanilla
View: Beers
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 12 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Truegent2004 from Minnesota

3.34/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

On tap at Granite City. Low carbonation and not much of a foam head. Faint sweet smell. Tastes of vanilla and I could taste bitter chocolate in the after taste. I love the taste of vanilla but not in my beer. I'd have this again, but not my first choice.

Apr 04, 2021
MichaelInMA from Massachusetts

4.47/5  rDev +27%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is a Vanilla Porter and not as listed. I had a small growler.
Look: For a Porter is is perfect color. No head retention so I had to mark it down.
Smell: Nice and pleasant but not very strong. I have had Vanilla Porters that were very aromatic on the vanilla.
Taste: The vanilla really comes through. There is a nice complex porter base underneath. I found it a little on the sweat side for me but then I really like dry beers. A lot of vanilla ports tend to be sweet, often sweeter than this one.
Feel: Carbonation was light to none. Cycling threw a growler often costs a lot of carbonation. I drank the growler a little over an hour of it being pored. It lost most of its carbonation and all its head.

Overall: A really great Vanilla porter. When this Covid thing get over I want to try this one direct from the tap. I might up my rating.

Jan 31, 2021
Griffin2 from Virginia

3.69/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Had a 4 oz pour at the DC Beer Fest.
L - Poured a dark black with a tan head.
S - Smells roasty.
T - Tastes of vanilla and chocolate
F - Medium mouthfeel and body.
O - Pretty tasty Porter.