Jim Beam Infused Scottish Ale | Granite City Food & Brewery

Granite City Food & Brewery
United States
gcfb.net

Style: Scottish Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Brenden on 03-06-2013

Liked:
3.23/5
Alströms:

3.75/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.51/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

2.75/5  rDev -14.9%

3.12/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

This is one that Granite City brought to the Glass City Beer Fest. It may be a version of McK's; not sure.

About a medium brown, this beer shows some orange hues and an opaqueness. A creamy tan head grows to about half a finger. It keeps a ring of foam at the edges of the glass that does drops infrequent spotting.
This is an interesting beer; there's a barely solid enough malt base, and I get a whiff of spirits and a tingle on the tongue as well. Coming through more strongly is a smell and flavor of which, frankly, I'm a bit uncertain. It's something like a mix of wood and grass but with something more. I'm unsure what to think. All in all, I'd say it's an average brew, and I could drink it easily enough.
The feel is fairly solid; my fears that it will go too thin are abated, though barely. There's a low crispness, low to moderate carbonation, and enough smoothness to kick it up a notch.

Jim Beam Infused Scottish Ale from Granite City Food & Brewery