This Time For Sure | Brewers Union Local 180

Awaiting More Ratings

Brewers Union Local 180
Oregon, United States
brewersunion.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by John_M on 04-05-2010

4.1

4.1/5  rDev 0%

If I understood the brewer's explanation of the beers they make here, I gather they are always tweaking the beer recipes here. As a result, the flavor and alcohol always differs somewhat from batch to batch, and so they feel the need to give each new beer a new name. Shrug. OK.

TTFS pours a slightly hazy, orange amber color with good head retention and lacing. It doesn't look too different from the Union Dew (it was bit lighter in color I thought), but that's where the similarities ended. This beer has a very floral, perfumy hop nose, making it very quickly my favorite beer of the evening. The beer has something of an apple and roses aroma, a combination I just love in a hoppy pale ale. Flavors replicated the nose pretty closely in this easy going, easy to appreciate pale ale. This beer was very well balanced, with the sweet malt and hoppy bitterness playing very well against one another. The hoppy bitterness tends to dominate the flavor profile, but there's just enough malt to act as a foil for the bitterness and keep it from getting out of hand. Mouthfeel is soft, creamy and long, and drinkability is excellent.

The brewer mentioned that this was his current favorite beer on offer, and it was easy to see why. I thought this a delicious, very easy to enjoy, well made hoppy pale ale.

This Time For Sure from Brewers Union Local 180