Hazy Fuckboi Juice

SCORE
n/a
Notes:
3.84/5  rDev 0%

I picked up a 6 pack of these pounder cans during a visit to Pizza Boy Brewing. This is a collab beer with Neshaminy Creek Brewery. There is no canned date on the can but it does tell me to drink fresh, preferably with pizza, and DO NOT AGE.

SO I am sampling this 16 oz cold can poured into my snifter. The beer pours a fairly clear bronze color with a fluffy bleached white head foaming up about 1.5 cm after a gentle pour. This light foam fades slowly to a rugged edge layer that clings to the sides of the glass and one large sturdy island in the center of my glass.
The aroma is a little citrus and a good hit of pine sap and some grapefruit rind notes. I also get some caramel and bready malt buried under the hop front. Overall the nose is a little more mild than I had hoped.
The first sip reveals a light body with spacious yet prickly carbonation. The texture is sticky and coats my palate with each sip.
Flavor is a big hit of sweet caramel and fruit up front, but this is quickly buried by hops of various notes. I get some orange and grapefruit, both with some rindy character and then there is pine sap and a floral note The hops linger a bit after each swallow with some drying bitterness and I never get any hint of the 9% ABV that this beer contains.
This is a decent IPA, but it is certainly more olde school American DIPA than a NEIPA, which the label and name implies is what you get. So dont expect a hazy juice bomb, but a decent IPA with some bite.

Hazy Fuckboi Juice from Al's of Hampden / Pizza Boy Brewing