Dry Hopped IPA | Naked City Taphouse

Naked City Taphouse
Washington, United States
nakedcitybrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by RedDiamond on 12-13-2009

Reviews by RedDiamond:
3.47/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

If I heard correctly, this IPA offered on cask at Naked City's brewpub opening was double dry-hopped, possibly with fresh hops, and is not the same recipe as their other beers. It made a favorable impression on me as the first beer I would consume from a new brewpub on the day they emerged as a craft brewery. Nice work.

The ale emits an apricot-like aroma intermixed with a bouquet of bright floral hops. The floral elements soon recede and vanish altogether, supplanted by a wet burlap smell I could accommodate. As best I could tell in the relatively dim light of the bar, the beer's appearance is a strange opaque hue of green-gray with a reasonable measure of lace.

The taste hints at some sort of root spice - perhaps ginger - then assumes the character of warm lemon. A light swirl of yeast residues remains at the bottom of the pint. The mouthfeel was properly agile as a cask pour should be.

Curious in some respects for the low flocculence and dense opacity. But the bottom line is that I'd easily drink it again.

Dry Hopped IPA from Naked City Taphouse