Bruge Stout | Cervejaria Bruge

1.42/5
Alströms:

1.42/5  rDev 0%

600 ml bottle at Anhanguera in São Paulo, on to the beer:

Not quite as dark as I expected, its a lighter ebony color with dark brown edges. Aroma...cherries. Chocolate covered cherries. Not much stoutness and astringent aroma yet. The taste...lots of cherry notes, with semi-sweet chocolate. It's light in the mouth, very light. A slight fizz of carbonation on the palate.

The flavors described in the top part of the review describe the "good" part of the beer, the first 8 ounces or so I drank of this beer. But after that...

Rubbing alcohol?!? What the heck is this coming from? It burns...the nose and mouth!! This wasn't a problem for the first part of the beer, but now this is a major problem with the beer. It was so bad I couldn't come close to finishing the 600 ml of it, and I drank this at one of the better beer focused bar in the city. The beer gods are going to get me for this.

Cervejaria Bruge better fix this problem, though this seemed like an infected bottle, so they should be able to. This kind of infected beer shouldn't be on the market, but they are the ones responsible for putting this out to market, hence my review notes and score. If I can try a better sample in the future, I'll be more than happy the amend this review. Until then, it's a bad introduction to this brewery.

Bruge Stout from Cervejaria Bruge