Cacade IPA (2008 IPA Project) | Sly Fox Brewing Company

Liked:
3.73/5
Alströms:

3.45/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: Pours a clear, orange body with, well, no head, but we are dealing with a growler here.

Smell: Backdrop of pale malts and wet grains with a fair amount of hops smelling of pine needles and sweet, juicy nectarines at the fore.

Taste: Grainy pale malts before a blast of nectarine and pithy grapefruit flavors. Touch of pine resin. Some sweetness blended in there contrasted by a sharp hop bitterness. Long bitter finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium-thin body. Mild carbonation. Kinda watery, I gotta say.

Drinkability: Cascade is right! A fairly nice IPA.

4/5  rDev 0%

Thanks to DrJay for hooking me up with yet another installemt of the series. I have been looking forward to the second release and was thrilled when I heard it was Cascade. The pour was a very deep dark amber with literally tons of dripping side glass lace. A good three finger high head formed on the top and this was slow to fade. Crystal clear on the look through with nice carbonation.

The aroma was soo fresh. A crisp clean grass like aroma was the first to great, followed by a pungent pine like smell. A deep resiny like flavor was sure to follow and it did. A touch of musty bread like malt in the backgroiund added a little bit of depth. Really no hint of the alcohol at all on this one as it was easily polished off the same day.

Overall I thought this was a very good IPA. Some may frown that it is a bit one dimensional, but I really like waht they are doinf with it. Defintily a quality ale here and something I would like to revisit in the future.

Cacade IPA (2008 IPA Project) from Sly Fox Brewing Company