Commander (Unbarreled) | Lift Bridge Brewery

Lift Bridge Brewery
Minnesota, United States
liftbridgebrewery.com

Style: English Barleywine

This listing is for the base beer that becomes Commander when barrel-aged.

Added by mothman on 10-20-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4
3.45/5  rDev -5.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Edit: This is the base beer for Commander, which is a barrel aged version of this beer. It now makes sense why I didn't taste any barrel aging flavors.

This was poured from a huge magnum at ABR.

Pours a white beige head. Color is an autumn gold color.

Aroma: Reminds me a bit of the other LB beers I have had. Very malty with notes of brown sugar and syrup. A bit of maple and nut flavors. Bready with caramel. A lot of sweetness. I don't pick up on the barrels very much.

Taste: Again, very malty. No hop presence here. Caramel and toffee with bready malt flavors. A lot of sweetness. Cloying. I get some fruity notes as well. Kind of peachy.

Mouthfeel: Dry, but smooth. Medium to full bodied with a lower amount of carbonation. Ends dry and cloying.

Overall, this was a solid beer, but I really didn't pick up on the barrel aging. I will have to try a bottle when it is released. I look forward to giving this another try.

Commander (Unbarreled) from Lift Bridge Brewery