Joulu Sahti | Bruuveri

Bruuveri
Finland
bruuveri.fi

Style: Sahti

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Globetrotter on 01-17-2009

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.42/5  rDev 0%

Don't ask me what the difference is between this "Christmas sahti" and a regular sahti, but this is the Christmas version. Came out a very cloudy apple juice hue with just a touch of film and collar leaving a few random lace spots. It has a very strong fruity nose, featuring a touch of apple, and hint of cherry. The mouth is very thick and mildly carbonated. Interesting flavor profile, reminiscent of cider, but not as heavy and clearly more alcoholic. There's apple for sure, plus some banana and clove. I'm told there juniper in here, too, but I'm not sure I could identify it if I had to. In any event, the drink is smooth, but sneaky strong. It is definitely sweet, with little in the way of hops. An intriguing brew, it will never be a go-to brew for me. Since this is my first sample, it is hard to say how it does compared to the style.

Joulu Sahti from Bruuveri