Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Fleurac De Noël | La Brasserie de Fleurac

Style: Tripel

Added by thierrynantes on 01-03-2009

3.53/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle thanks to pixieskid and Simon in Paris... amazing guys.
Reviewed from my phone, after a day of drinking, so shortened...
This bottle is interesting. Pours a light golden with a nice head and lacing...
To be honest, it took me a while to nail down this nose, because I just didn't expect it... and it is a sweet honey. I know, easy and obvious, but it was tough for some reason, because of all the spices. Some booze on the nose too.
Taste is a light honey booze as well, but nowhere near meade. It is clearly a triple with some honey flavor... I like this...

3.15/5  rDev 0%

Beer bottle (33 cl.), tasted end dec. 2008 (during vacation in Lextrait near Riom-ès-Montagnes).

Appearance : yellow/pale color (trouble), with white foamy head (big bubbles, not persistent).
Smell : spicy notes (ginger ?) and alcohol aroma.
Taste and mouthfeel : spicy notes with long persistency, alcohol is indeed present.
Drinkability : an average Christmas beer based on the triple version with more spices (too spicy for my taste).

Fleurac De Noël from La Brasserie de Fleurac