Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bohlinger's Lager | Delta Beverages

2.56/5
Poor

Delta Beverages
Zimbabwe
sabmiller.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Bohlinger’s Lager is a mild, smooth, crisp, premium quality lager with a caramel taste. It is brewed using the finest quality hops, barley, malt and maize.

Added by RblWthACoz on 10-09-2006

Reviews by RblWthACoz:
2.3/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a clear straw color. Minimal head and the same with the nose. Flavor was bland to say the least. Perhaps my opinion is lower because I had manyZambezis at the same time, which carry a bit more flavor. Either way, I wasn't overly impressed as you can tell from the ratings and have to say it was my least favorite beer out of my recent Africa trip.

2.75/5  rDev +7.4%

2.33/5  rDev -9%

330ml can 4.2% abv

Appearance: Light golden colour. Large, fast dissipating head that leaves no lace. Basically the typical look for a macro-lager.

Smell: As with all adjunct-lagers, sweet maize dominates, slightly metallic with a tiny hint of hops.

Taste: Very plain, the little flavour that there is, is again slightly metallic maize with a hint of hops in the finish.

Mouthfeel: Light, reasonably dry and actually decently carbonated.

Drinkability: Perfectly drinkable on a hot day on lake Kariba, but still not something I would choose to drink under normal circumstances.

3.21/5  rDev +25.4%

Nice color of pale gold and very clear, slight skunk smell, but very refreshing after a day on safari. Not that flavorable compared to craft beers, but easy to drink. I liked it out of the 2 beers I had. Just a good refreshing beer to drink on the banks of the Shashi River.

2.23/5  rDev -12.9%

Drank this beer at a resort hotel's restaurant in Zimbabwe after a trip to Victoria Falls. The falls were awesome as were the warthogs grazing on the lawn next to the restaurant, but this beer and the accompanying meal weren't. Just an average American type beer brewed for the masses. At least it wasn't a light beer. I see no reason to describe it any further because I trust that everyone will understand without adding a bunch of meaningless verbiage for a brew I would not order twice.

Bohlinger's Lager from Delta Beverages