Friday Rye Ale | Captured By Porches Brewing Company

Captured By Porches Brewing Company
Oregon, United States
capturedbyporches.com

Style: Rye Beer

48 IBU, 6.5% ABV, 67% Organic.

Added by msubulldog25 on 03-11-2010

3.75/5  rDev 0%

2.8/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3/15/2010

Received as an extra from mykie73, thanks! This is my first beer from this unheard of brewery.

The beer appears pellucid burnt orange with a pillowy two finger beige head. The head lingers for a minute and leaves a little lacing when it recedes.

The nose exhibits a dominant rye presence that is accompanied by sweet grain and biscuity malt. Buried beneath I find subtle citrus, in the form of grapefruit and orange peel. Alcohol is almost completely masked.

The flavor opens slightly spicy, with notes of rye and biscuity malt. The beer has a moderate bitterness and I detect grapefruit, mineral, solvent, and earth. The bitter rye finish is somewhat harsh and astringent. The mouthfeel is thin and dry. Carbonation is at a lower high level.

Overall, I enjoyed the aroma, but the flavor and thin mouthfeel makes this one I wouldn't revisit.

Friday Rye Ale from Captured By Porches Brewing Company