Haunted Series Czech Pilsner | Yak and Yeti

Yak and Yeti
Colorado, United States
theyakandyeti.com

Style: Czech Pilsener

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Mebuzzard on 09-20-2012

3/5  rDev 0%

2.6/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

This review breaks my heart, because Y/Y makes some fine, unassuming beers. This beer wasn't bad, but it missed the style mark completely.
Served in a small snifter???

Pours a dank orange/golden with minimal head. Doesn't even come close to looking like a Czech Pilsner.

Apple aroma. So much so that I had to ask, and make sure, that this wasn't their apple gluten free brew. It wasn't, but man it's apple all the way. Some orange, too. What?

Flavor is like a flat, watered down orange soda. It didn't really have any characteristics of a CP. I had them bring me a sample of their Namaste (German Pils) and that one was closer to the GP mark. I begged them to tell me that they had the wrong tap handle, but to no avail.

So, I drank it. It wasn't bad. Food made up for it, and the other beers were just fine and dandy

Haunted Series Czech Pilsner from Yak and Yeti