Potbelly Pumpkin Ale | Breaker Brewing Company

3.5/5  rDev -9.6%

3.25/5  rDev -16%

3.75/5  rDev -3.1%

3.82/5  rDev -1.3%

22 oz bottle courtesy of mymrnngjckt. Pours a hazed, dark copper color with a miniscule off-white head. What is there sticks around a good while and sticks to the glass well.

Nose is toffee malts with plenty of pumpkin spices - cloves and cinnamon being most prevalent. Bready yeast and some licorice come out a bit as it warms.

Taste is surprisingly crisp and has a serious nutmeg presence that really dries it out tremendously with the alcohol. Quite 'gourdy', which is nice and doesnt go overboard with the spices. Mouthfeel is decent enough, not necessarily full or creamy, but enough malt body makes it through. Like a brown ale on pumpkin steroids...good beer - color me surprised!

3.95/5  rDev +2.1%

I am not a big fan of pumpkin beers but I decided to give this one a try. Pours a dark golden brown color. The smell was very pleasant; roasted pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and ginger. The taste was suprisingly good. A balance of malt, pumpkin and spice. I would reach for this again if I ever were in the mood for a pumpkin beer.

4.35/5  rDev +12.4%

I entered this review last week but it was lost during the recent server crash. Trying to recreate as best I can. On tap at the Backyard Ale House.

This is my 6th Breaker beer and this is by far the best I have had. I am not a big pumpkin ale fan but this was the 2nd best pumpkin ale I've ever had, next to only Pumking. It was so good I actually had 2 pints. Very authentic roasted pumpkin aroma and flavor. It was spicy, but the caramel sweetness and pumpkin flavor really balanced it out. More authentic pumpkin flavor than most any pumpkin ale I've had. Very smooth, creamy, and drinkable, and surprisingly full body given that it's only 6%. Really a top notch pumpkin beer. Very well done guys.

3.83/5  rDev -1%

On tap at the Ice House. Served in a shaker glass. Potbelly appears a clear deep amber color with about a finger of creamy light rust colored head. Nose and flavor consist of cinnamon, roasted pumpkin meat, nutmeg, allspice, brown sugar, sweet malt and biscuits. Decent carbonation levels with a medium body. Pretty tasty, although I'm guessing freshness was a factor here.

Potbelly Pumpkin Ale from Breaker Brewing Company