Rasputin (Vieillie En Fût)
McAuslan Brewing

Added:
SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.
Reviewed by flipper2gv from Canada (QC)

3.89/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25
2019 bottle

A: Pours pitch black with a mocha colored head. Retention is ok as well as lacing. Volume was pretty good but I expected a bit more retention.

S: Medium to low smell strength. Filter coffee, dry cocoa, barrel spice/pepper, vanilla. Almost a bit salty in the smell. Some light red fruits.

T: Dry cocoa is the main flavor with a solid amount of red berries and quite a bit more acidity than expected. The coffee, vanilla and strong barrel spice linger in the finish. Still kind of a bit salty.

M: Medium to heavy with medium carbonation. I feel like I repeat myself at this point but I feel this is too much carbonated for the flavors (especially considering it's barrel aged and aged another year in the bottle).

O: This is a solid beer that I enjoyed more than the score show. It's nothing particularly amazing, but it hits flavors that I personally enjoy a ton. The acidity and strong red fruits in particular were a surprise for sure, but a welcome one. The salt was another note that is out of the ordinary that I personally enjoyed quite a bit.
Rasputin (Vieillie En Fût) from McAuslan Brewing