India Sun Honey Spiced Ale | Fat Head's Brewery & Saloon

fatheadscleveland.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Added by adamette on 09-26-2009

2.85/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 4.5

Review from notes taken earlier tonight at the brewery. Poured into a clean, clear pint glass. Notes from the brewery: A bright golden harvest ale spiced with local honey from Jorgenson's apiary in Olmsted Falls, lemongrass, and coriander. Spicy citrus flavors and aromas as pleasant as a indian summer day.

A Very clear, much clearer than I expected (I underestimated words in the intro such as "bright" and "summer" in that I thought that it might be a heavier, thicker ale. 2.5

S Some sweetness, not much smell really. 2.5

T Very light, only some honey, minimal spice tastes to keep this from being like water. 2.5

M Too light, my biggest problem with this ale. 2.0

D Very, very good as you would expect from such a light ale with low ABV. 4.5

Notes: I was very intrigued by this beer on the description and with Fat Head's good reputation (gained by their excellent brews). I was dissapointed by this ultimately too light ale.

India Sun Honey Spiced Ale from Fat Head's Brewery & Saloon