Barrel Aged Farmhouse IPA | Black Raven Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Black Raven Brewing Co.
Washington, United States
blackravenbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Added by youradhere on 06-22-2011

Reviews by youradhere:
4.34/5  rDev 0%

Pours murky gold, light lacing and no real head. Smells citrusy, pineapple, definite brettanomyces character and funk aromas, very fruity and tangy smelling. Initial taste is not what I was expecting; from the aroma I was expecting a wall of sour fruit and juicy flavors. To the contrary, a lighter sharp citrus came through (attributed to the hops I think), good pineapple flavors, papaya, and other tropical fruits played whack-a-mole with my palate trying to identify each one; at one point I thought I tasted sage and allspice. Not acidic at all and very smooth, carbonation was mild-medium. Overall a first for me- a funked-up IPA. Very good and something I could quaff in quantity if it lasted. Black Raven---YOU HAVE TO BREW MORE!

Barrel Aged Farmhouse IPA from Black Raven Brewing Co.