Beast Oakland | Ale Industries

Beast OaklandBeast Oakland
3.63/5
Good
Beast OaklandBeast Oakland

Ale Industries
aleindustries.com

Style: German Kölsch

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 10
4.15/5  rDev +14.3%
look: 3 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I've only been tasting craft beers for a few months, so I can't provide the whole breakdown.

I had his at a beer tasting at the local Total Wine & More. The smell really got my attention; it said "HOPS" in a (good) way that I don't think I'd experienced before. It tasted really good, without the hops shoving the rest of the flavors out of the way, but I can't really say what the other flavors were. There was a brief and pleasant aftertaste, and overall the beer made a really good impression.

4.55/5  rDev +25.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

22 oz bottle into a snifter glass on 9/17/17, bottling date is 4/10/17 (that scared me a bit honestly). A nice frothy white foam that lingered a bit, not much lacing, but let's keep moving, yeah? The smell, fresh, really floral (in a good way)... when a brew smells this nice I'm always optimistic, because so many beers have so little to excite the nostrils.

Taste confirms the aroma, sweetness, floral with just a hint of hop note to balance. The feel is crisp yet soft, super drinkable. I absolutely will go back for more of this, the smell is just incredible, and lasts to the end of the glass, which is not common. Being from Kansas City (Go Chiefs!!), I'm not a fan of many things Oakland, but this beer rocks, so there's no point in hiding the truth!!

4.26/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

22 oz bottle poured into a goblet.

Deep golden colour with reasonable but not brilliant clarity. Bubbly white head with a fair retention.

Aromas of very light bready malts, and delicate floral hops. Noticable sulfur and a little tart fruit.

Grainy malts on the palate are balanced nicely with an earthy hop flavour and a robust but not overpowering bitterness. The finish is dry and well-attenuated.

A light body and fairly high carbonation add to the crispness of the finish.

A good example of the style. Very refreshing.

3.26/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

I get a light, almost grainy aroma in this. Minimal hopping. Crisp, smoothly rounded, easy drinker. Don't look for much complexity here but it does the job.

Beast Oakland from Ale Industries