Xtra Pale Ale | Ale Industries

3.78/5
Very Good

Ale Industries
aleindustries.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
3.56/5  rDev 0%

On tap served in a pint glass. I've been meaning to try this for awhile because it's local but I think the name of the brewery turned me off. One of the last things a craft beer drinker wants associated with his beer is 'Industry'. Meh, maybe it's just me. Couldn't find an ABV listed for this one.

Mostly clean and clear pale amber with a very slight haze. Smallish but firm off white head is very well retained. Lacing is very nice.

Aroma is sweet and bready on the malt profile with dry and citrus hop character but not intensely aromatic.

Flavor is not exactly what I expected. The grassy hop profile seems somewhat European and initially reminded me slightly of a few of the hoppier German Pils I've tried. From there the hops get slightly more floral and fruity and I'm reminded this is an APA. Mid sip a fresh tasting, clean, bready malt profile takes over while a second wave of grassy, leafy, bitterness lingers on the aftertaste.

Drinkability is a strong point on this beer. There isn't a ton going on but what's there is pretty decent. I could imagine having several of these in warm weather with no complaints.

Although not exactly to my tastes this is overall good enough to pique my curiosity about this brewers other beers. I'll likely check out a few more to see if I find one I like more than this.

Xtra Pale Ale from Ale Industries