Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Perrydale Pale Ale | Golden Valley Brewery and Pub

goldenvalleybrewery.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Added by RedDiamond on 07-12-2009

3.54/5  rDev +1.7%

From a bomber purchased at the local discount (unusual stuff) grocery outlet. I have enjoyed this brewery's products before but not this particular beer. Pours pale gold (clear) with a modest but persistent white head. Good amount of ultra fine lacing as the level drops. Smell is minor some fermenting apple peels. Taste is not what I would expect in a Pale Ale. Maybe an English version. My bottle stated an abv of 3.6% not 3.2. Either way it is a very light beer in that respect. Mouthfeel is slightly better than a macro light beer. There are some hops in the finish but not a variety I am familiar with. Almost has some Pilsner character to the hops. The label says 16 IBUs and I would agree. The slight bitterness does linger a long time though. Interesting summer beer that I will probably drink more of. A fine alternative to the macro lights IMO.

3.65/5  rDev +4.9%

22 oz bought at Grocery Outlet in Salem OR. Appearance a kind of semi murkey pale yellow with a wispy white head. Slight fruity and bready scents from the aroma..nice but not WOW. Flavour is mostly wheat, fruit and grapes for some reason..kinda like a Saison Lite. Ok on the palte..thin really but on this very hot day delicious Overall not a bad beer for drinking in quantity in the summer months.

3.26/5  rDev -6.3%

I drank a beer at Hopworks recently that I thought was the palest pale ale I'd ever seen. But while that was an IPA and this one isn't, I'm reassigning the palest pale title to this blonde from Golden Valley. Not only is the color the lightest shade of straw yellow, but the clarity is more like pure water than anything. Not surprisingly, the body feels dilute to the tongue.

I was at first unreceptive to the idea of a beer this fragile. But given its intent as a modest ale brewed for low-intensity refreshment, it's not at all bad. It shows a substantial head of white fuzz and a gentle-sweet taste that oddly emulates marshmallow. Far from exciting, but not bad of you're in the mood for it. And at 3.2% ABV, it's easy to make room for one more.

Perrydale Pale Ale from Golden Valley Brewery and Pub