Patton Ave Pale Ale | The Lobster Trap

3.84/5

The Lobster Trap
North Carolina, United States
thelobstertrap.biz

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by mikesgroove on 09-21-2009

3.68/5  rDev 0%

Appearance: A suitable appearance displaying a clear, light copper body with a slender, white head.

Smell: Pale malts with additional supporting toasty, grainy, sweetish caramel notes. Citrusy, floral hop character with some subtle, underlying earthiness.

Taste: Modestly toasted barley brushed with some sweet caramel. An initial earthy spiciness begins to pull floral and citrus hints into the foreground. Medium level of bitterness. Drying on the back half with a few citric hints until the finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium-light body. Medium carbonation.

Drinkability: A straight-forward, easy-drinking APA.

4/5  rDev 0%

My first chance to try anything from the Oysterhouse. I was thrilled to say the least to be able to get to try a couple of their lineup.

Very nice pour, spot on for the style with a rich light amber color and a nice two finger head of white foam that capped it off quite nicely. Light lacing on the glass stuck around for a good little bit. Light hops, hints of pine mixing well with light bready malts. Came through nice and clean for me as well here. As I reach in and get that first taste a really nice wave of citrus hops rolls across the palate. Really nicely refined and quite well done. Balanced out now quite nicely with a rich malt backbone, it was just what I was looking for in a pale. Light body and smooth, even carbonation, very sessionable.

Overall I have to say I am quite please with the first offering I have here from them. Wasnt really sure what to expect but it looks like we have another solid brewer in Asheville

Patton Ave Pale Ale from The Lobster Trap