Devil's Plaything IPA | Greenport Harbor Brewing Company

Style: American IPA

Added by pjkelley82 on 07-08-2013

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 19
3.23/5  rDev -8.8%

Had this Devil's Plaything tonight in NYC.
Looks great, unfiltered hazy. Smells good. Tastes a little flat, and so is the flavor. Although the taste does linger nicely.
I think I will have another one, because it's the only IPA in the house.

3.68/5  rDev +4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

There's a discrepancy: While BA shows this beer as "retired/no longer brewed", I just had tonight (or so the menu and waiter say) this beer. Actually the waiter said it was one they just got on tap. So my review for what I drank: a darn good draft.

3.39/5  rDev -4.2%

Had it at the tasting room in Greenport on 7/7/13

This is brewed for a restaurant in NYC. I'm sorry but I don't remember who. That is why I put limited but obviously they have it at the brewery and the restaurant.

Served 4oz. Pours of 5 different beers in a Greenport Harbor brewing pint glass that you keep. $8 for the tasting.

The Devils plaything was the one I seen on the board and anticipated on trying. It was my least favorite of the 5.

It had a nice look, and phenomenal smell but fell short on taste in my opinion. It is a typical ipa but not overly piny... which was good... they brewed it with Thai Chilli Peppers which I didn't get much of.... more so at the end. Clean finish medium to light in body hoppy bitter aftertaste.

Overall it is a 5.4% ipa that is good... I would say if you can try it than why not... it may be your bag. Being its made for a restaurant I'd imagine it taste better with food

Devil's Plaything IPA from Greenport Harbor Brewing Company