Mistura Clássica Georgia | Mistura Clássica

misturaclassica.com.br

Style: American Double / Imperial Pilsner

Added by FLima on 02-07-2013

3.35/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

On-tap at Pub Escondido, CA. On to the beer:

A wee lighter than yellow, this lager brings a creamy head which lasts a while. The aroma attempts to mimic a vienna lager. I smell kisses of honey, noble hops, vague grain. Not bad. However, it doesn't taste as such. While the honey is there, I get a wee note of esters. I even noticed a taste of alcohol, akin to the alcohol flavor found in Bud Light. Now I'm confused, am I drinking a light beer or a standard pale lager? The beer is light, and a a somewhat watery feel.

I've had better from Mistura Clássica. It's okay, but a wee too light for me.

3.73/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.25/5  rDev -5.2%

3.25/5  rDev -5.2%

3.53/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Drank quite fresh less than two months after being bottled.
Bright golden color. Made tons of thick head with good retention and leaving traces.
Nice aroma for a lager, quite malty but also hoppy with floral and honey notes.
Similarly, it has a nice hop floral flavor that more than counter balance its malt sweetness. Dry and bitter aftertaste. Medium body with good carbonation.
It is not an APA, being a lager doesn’t have the complexity of the former (ps. it wasn’t the proposal), but much ahead of most Brazilian lagers. It reminded me of a Sixpoint, The Crisp.

Mistura Clássica Georgia from Mistura Clássica