Red Flag

Red FlagRed Flag
Notes:
Reviews: 18 | Ratings: 64
2.78/5  rDev -10%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Amber color with a thick thin head with decent retention and leaving some laces.
Mild aroma with notes of piney and earthy hops, biscuit, toasted malts and a distant berry.
Flavor with notes of guarana, caramel, some grapefruit citrusy, earthy hops, cardboard and a bit of berry. I did not really got honey here, I felt more as plain sugar. Dry aftertaste with a mild bitterness.
Light body with good carbonation.
Sugary and caramelly Amber Ale with some earthy notes. Cheap, but still not worth it.

3.15/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

This brew came from a reasonably priced twelve pack, picked up after a hike. The beer is a gold-amber color, very clear, with a slim white head. The aroma is lightly malty...a bit of toast, but not much else. Balanced flavor, some mid-taste hop bitterness, but nothing exceptional. Medium body. There is nothing offensive here, but it is also a lowest-common-denominator beer.

2.51/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Man these beers suck, all of them are below average for style or otherwise. This one wasn't as bad as some of the others, but nonetheless. . .

Pours an amber, almost red like color with 1/3" off white head. Aroma ain't shit, totally lacks any dry hopping or aroma hop varieties.

Taste is a dreadful stale caramel like red malt but without the sweetness. Hops are lacking. I could definitely do without the metallic bitterness throughout the mouth feel of this one. You can tell they cheap out and go for some super high alpha acid hop pellets probably for bittering and nothing else hop wise going on.

This looks ok and is a decent price. Other than that, there really aren't any saving graces or positives to speak about. At barely cheaper than world class SNPA, this has no reason to exist in my world. Avoid.

Comes in a 12 can variety pack from Walmart. A few bucks cheaper than other craft beers. A bit better than standard macro brews. But I’d rather pay a couple bucks more and get something else.

3.44/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I would say more of a copper gold color than red with white cap,

Aroma is caramel malt with no hops to speak of.

Taste is of an amber style malt forward caramely beer with, according to the label, honey added at some stage. I can say very sweet like a fruit added Radler but there is another dimension of flavor particularly noticeable in the aftertaste. Can't say it's really sweet but it is honey like. Hops remain hidden, at least from me.

Light medium texture with balancing carbonation.

An inoffensive caramel amber ale with less hop presence than Bud light which I think says enough.

3.13/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

From the 12 fl. oz. can obtained at Wal-Mart stamped E186-131:18. Sampled on December 31, 2016.

Headless honey colored amber with good clarity.

The aroma is sweet forward with a big caramel and barley malt note but little to no hop profile. Maybe even a slight honey scent.

Thin body.

The flavor is very sweet and malty with a mild backdoor bitterness that lingers only a moment. Nothing special here.

3.04/5  rDev -1.6%

I found this at my local Hell-Mart (walmart) in a variety 12 pack. I poured it into a pint glass from a 12oz can. On first sight, there is a slight red hue, not much but just enough to not call it golden. You could call it a copper-brown. The initial aroma was a sweet malt like smell, and as I went for a second whiff and brought it in for longer, I could sense a honey. I don't eat or use enough honey to call it natural or artificial, but it is honey-esque. I had a fear of it having a metallic aftertaste after reading some reviews, but that wasn't the case for me. Instead I was greeted by a very thin unpleasant mouthfeel. Almost too watery of a feel. The first few seconds were a big "fuck me on a tandem bike", but the savior for this brew is the sweet malt honey taste. I really enjoy this.....flavor. it's not strong, but just enough to say "hey, I don't suck ass". I didn't expect an amazing craft of perfection, so maybe I was already in the right mindset. For 10.99 on a 12 pack, I'm thoroughly pleased. I'm a rather frequent drinker, and can't always afford my beloved 500-750ml big stouts, so I tend to resort to cheaper lagers or bocks. This being slightly out my comfort zone was overall pleasant. If you see it for a banging price, grab it. Compared to most macro brews, it stomps on them.

3.84/5  rDev +24.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a 12 OZ can into a pint glass. The appearance is a clear copper color with a small white head. The aroma is caramel malt and some bread. The taste is some hops and bread. An OK beer.

3.03/5  rDev -1.9%

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a Shaker pint glass, there is no "best by" date that I can find.

APPEARANCE: pours a clear copper color with less than one-finger off-white head that quickly dissipated until just a ring of small bubbles remained around the rim, there is some lacing on the glass, lighter than average carbonation.

SMELL: faint to the nose, toasted bread and caramel.

TASTE: bread, honey and a faint toasted note, very little hop profile.

PALATE: medium body and lighter carbonation.

OVERALL: this is an unremarkable beer in every way, it is not a bad beer but there are far better options available in this style, the other 3 beers in this sample pack were much better, for $12.00 a 12 pack I would still buy this again.

2.96/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

From a 12-pack Walmart sampler. Site says Irish brewery, can says Rochester NY. Pours amber with a medium head. Not much of an aroma, slight metallic taste even after being poured into a pint glass. Smooth drinking with a slightly sweet flavor. At barely $1 a can you're getting about what you pay for, an unmemorable, inoffensive ale that could have been a lot better with some extra effort.

Appearance has a dark golden amber color supporting a mid head. Smell of the amber malts, but something holding it back. Taste has a malty metallic note to it with a spice of hops coming through. Mouthfeel is medium light with good carbonation. Overall I just expect a bit more from an amber.

1.96/5  rDev -36.6%

The only thing remarkable about this beer is that it is incredibly smooth. In my opinion that is overshadowed by relatively poor performance in every other category. I mean I would rather by this over Bud but yeah would not buy again.

2.44/5  rDev -21%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.25

I had high hopes for this one from Trouble Brewing, but unfortunately, it just...didn't. It didn't have much of a head or lacing, it didn't have much of an distinctive odor, and aside from a smooth mouthfeel, it didn't have much flavor. Oh, I could kinda taste the honey it claims to be made with, but barely (or am I making myself think it's there?) I'm not sure. Anyway, probably one of the least desirable beers I have had in quite some time.

2.7/5  rDev -12.6%

This doesn't appear to be fro Ireland but Rochester , NY Trouble brewing. The brewery and the name is exactly the same as weel as the ABV, let's give it whirl. Popping the top I get a sweet malty waft. Pours into a SAPP with a big head and a light amber colour. After the head settles down on the taste this brew is incredibly sweet, albeit due to the honey added. Have had honey brown but not honey amber. A slight hint of bitterness but nary none, could use a bit more. Way too sweeet for me. Will have to pawn off the two remainders.

2.54/5  rDev -17.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Look: It pours a dark gold with an off white head. It does have fairly good clarify.

Aromas: It has aromas of roasted malts, some floral hops, and grass. It has flavors of roasted malts with and a hint of caramel with grass hops.

Feel: It has a medium body on the light side. It has a moderately bitter finish.It has a slight astringency to it as well.

Overall: There malt flavors with the hops are balance, but not as favorable as it could be. It is a good example of an amber ale.

3.5/5  rDev +13.3%

Pours a clear amber with 1 finger head. Smells very malty and sweet. Tastes of mild caramel sweetness, finishes with a faint spicy malt. Good mouthfeel. A little sweet for me. I'm on the fence.

3.64/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Decent head. Beer is golden. Can't detect any amber; I see no red at all.
Smells... close to nothing. A very slight smell of beer that is to faint to even describe. Grain.
Cleanish ale with a bit of malty sweetness to it. Tasty, actually. No hops I can detect beyond a fairly balanced flavor.
Moderate carbonation. Feel is that of a standard ale. Smooth; carbonated, doesn't hang around too much.

Not bad but doesn't grab you. It's okay.

Given that everything else out of the variety pack was pretty mediocre I didn't suspect this was going to be very good.

However, I rather enjoy this. Straight out of the can it is very pleasant balancing body, carbonation, and hoppyness.

Red Flag from World Brews