Tap Room No. 21 Session IPA

n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 6
2.63/5  rDev -10.5%

Like the previous reviewer, I always want my next beer to surprise me (in a good way). This just didn't do a thing for me. It's not offensive in ANY way. Almost like an excuse for a die hard Bud or Lite fan to claim that they enjoy craft brews. Unlike some beers that I'd avoid at pretty much all costs, if this was the beer at the party, I'd have one or two. And I'm not entirely sure if this is a brewery in Rochester as the label implies or if it's the contract brewery based in California. Either way, just not on my hit list.
By the way, the website (http://www.taproom21.com/) describes the beer as blending "4 different hops" and then lists them as Chinook, Columbus, Kent Goldings, Tomahawk, Willamette and Zeus...hmmm, beer brewers sometimes don't make the best accountants. But seriously, it also suggests a "long hoppy finish" - I'd have to disagree, the malt is noticeable but barely and any hoppiness is extraordinarily subdued. Seriously, "long" is in the eyes of the beholder, right? The same person who thought this was long in the hop may believe that MillerLite is even longer.

2.76/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

So disappointing. I wanted to like, especially given the fact it appears to be brewed in my hometown of Rochester New York. Bland and not inspired. Unpleasant aftertaste. Not a good representation of my hood.

Tap Room No. 21 Session IPA from World Brews