Doctor's Orders Transfusion | Doctor's Orders Brewing

doctorsordersbrewing.com

Style: Berliner Weissbier

Added by Vanz on 02-17-2014

3.84/5  rDev 0%

Tried some time ago on-tap at the Local Taphouse in Sydney. Hadn't gotten around to entering my review—at the time of publication, I believe the beer is long gone, sadly.

Pours a very pale salmon colour, certainly not particularly red or blood-like—I guess salmon is to red as radioactive green is to black (cf. Cephalopod). Head is very fine and white, sitting in a pleasant ring around the glass. Very light body, which isn't unexpected. Fine carbonation. Looks good.

Nose is quite pleasant. Fine wheaty acidity gives it a crispness, and some fruitiness gives it a bit more depth. There's also a slight vinous quality to the acidity as well—in some respects, it's pretty one-note, but it's refreshing.

Taste is also very refreshing. Slight aspirin tones, lemon and soda and perhaps a little organic rhubarb note to it. Acidity is certainly not really pronounced, but it comes through in the feel which is light, spritzy and refreshing. There's also a hint of something a little spicy on the back, which is also quite pleasant.

Overall, this was very quaffable and very enjoyable. I think I like it better than I did the Cephalopod, even though they're similar in many ways.

3.5/5  rDev 0%