Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Oaked Black Eye Imperial Stout | San Diego Brewing Co.

1.55/5
Awful
1 Rating

San Diego Brewing Co.
sandiegobrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by womencantsail on 07-19-2010

1.55/5  rDev 0%

On-tap at SDBC

A: I'm going to set the tone early and state the appearance is the best thing about this beer. The pour is nearly black with a thin ring of khaki colored foam.

S: The nose is unappealing from the beginning: a lot of hot booze, some chocolate, way too much oak, vodka, and prunes. Maybe some other miscellaneous dark fruits.

T: I could barely choke down a few sips of this beer. It was like drinking roasty vodka with some oak chips thrown in for good measure. I couldn't taste any redeeming qualities like some chocolate or coffee because the alcohol was completely overwhelming.

M: From the short period of time I could endure this beer being on my tongue, it seemed to have a medium body and a low level of carbonation.

D: Avoid this one (seriously). I thought this was worse than Love Potion #9, and that is a difficult feat.

Oaked Black Eye Imperial Stout from San Diego Brewing Co.