Emmer Bier | Hauff-Brau

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by BlackHaddock on 01-17-2010

3.75/5  rDev 0%

4.07/5  rDev 0%

Brown 500ml bottle, best before end of Dec 2009, drank mid-Jan 2010. Poured into a vase shaped pint glass. This is a Bio-Bier! Emmer is a type of wheat. Had I known this before the tasting it would have been poured into the correct glasswear, nowhere on the label was there an indication it was a wheat beer (my German is poor though).

I poured the lot in, the sediment turned a clear, very pale yellow beer into a cloudy, darker golden coloured brew, with a few 'floaters' within. A thin white head sat on top, it looked like a normal wiezen to be honest.

It also had an aroma simular to a wiezen, vanilla, citrus and banana type smells.

It is a wiezen, tastes like ona anyway, and good one at that!

Refreashing, tart and sharp, just like the better wiezen normally are.

A pleasant suprise, expected a boring lager/pilsner experience, instead I got a well crafted wiezen from a brewery that hasn't impressed me with their other beers (so far).

Emmer Bier from Hauff-Brau