Deep Deep Deep Deep Undercover IPA V.7 | Jailhouse Brewing Company

Style: American IPA

Added by DoomVM on 04-12-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5
3.94/5  rDev 0%

Appearance: nice color that is just a shade short of amber. Finger and a half of white head, solid lacing

Smell: a blast of powerful grapefruit hops assaults the nose. Really strong but fairly one note.

Taste: once again fairly one note, but it plays the note well. Grapefruit hops are the predominant flavor with a slight tinge of grassiness towards the finish. The malt is definitely playing second fiddle in this brew. Strong bitterness that lingers in the finish

Mouthfeel: Fairly dry, nice and crisp

Overall: Being straight up honest I really only use beeradvocate to track what beers I've had, but this one wasn't in the system and apparently you need to write a review to add a beer. I originally had this on draft, but since I wasn't paying close attention (I wasn't expecting to need to write a review) I went out and got a growler of this for reviewing purposes. I'm still pretty new to craft beer so forgive my palate and its sweeping generalizations. Overall this is a nice very hoppy IPA but it doesn't quite compete with the really big boys.

Deep Deep Deep Deep Undercover IPA V.7 from Jailhouse Brewing Company