Senior School Bitter | Bewdley Brewery Co.

2.59/5

Style: English Bitter

Added by BlackHaddock on 10-17-2010

2.59/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Brown 500ml bottle of Real Ale, sediment in the glass, so poured slowly during one of my 'random beer tasting evenings' a month before its best before date.

The beer was a big disappointment to be honest, I was really looking forward to reviewing my first beer from this newish brewery.

It started out OK, the beer appeared bright and clean, a golden amber body with a good solid foaming white head on top. Some deep lacing hung around as the beer sank, so the condition was fine.

The smell was of 'home-brew', the sort of yeasty, not quiet finished aroma often found with mates keen to show off their beers (a few weeks too early).

I thought the beer bland and uninteresting, which is a shame. The flavours seemed weak, there was a blend of hops and malt, with the hops being the major player as the mouth dried.

It just didn't float my boat.

Senior School Bitter from Bewdley Brewery Co.