Peanut Butter Stout | Bandwagon Brew Pub

Bandwagon Brew Pub
New York, United States
bandwagonbeer.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Hojaminbag on 03-20-2010

1.75/5  rDev 0%

2.54/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Bandwagon's Peanut Butter Stout has a dark brown body that looks a little bit like some sort of cola. There is no head at all, nothing.

Despite the disappointing appearance, this stout smells pretty good. The peanut butter is clearly present and there are some chocolate and roasted malt aromas.

I think I have to tie the flavor and the mouthfeel together here, because the mouthfeel is awful and is probably hurting the taste a little bit. Peanut Butter Stout is completely dead from a carbonation standpoint and it has a thin, watery body. With a better feel I might get more out of this beer, but I guess I will never know.

As it is, the flavor isn't terrible, a bit of peanut butter mixes with some chocolate and some roasted malts. The whole thing seems pretty subdued to me, but like I said, that may be improved with a mouthfeel that made this drink resemble beer at all.

To be honest, this beer wasn't necessarily BAD, it just has some problems. The flavor and aroma are OK, so hopefully there is hope for this brew to be fixed.

Peanut Butter Stout from Bandwagon Brew Pub