Dusseldorf Altbier | Bandwagon Brew Pub

Bandwagon Brew Pub
New York, United States
bandwagonbeer.com

Style: Altbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Hojaminbag on 09-01-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
2.88/5  rDev n/a

The color of this altbier is the lightest that I have ever encountered for the style, as it appears to be a mellow orange that yellows around the edges. In fact, I would say it is a little too light for and altbier. The head, however, is thick and creamy. It leaves behind some good lacing also, so I guess the two cancel out.
The aroma is mildly fruit, with a hint of grain and some alcohol.
This is a pretty boozy altbier, as the main flavors that it exhibits are alcohol and warmth from the alcohol. Besides that there are some muted fruit characteristics, a hint of grainy malt and just a pinch of a spicy noble hop profile.
Mouthfeel is about where it should be, as it is medium bodied and pretty much what an alt should feel like.
I'm curious what the ABV is on this, but I would guess that it isn't extremely high. I'm not sure where all the booze came in. Probably not a beer I would buy again.

Dusseldorf Altbier from Bandwagon Brew Pub