Lightweight Rye IPA | Bandwagon Brew Pub

Bandwagon Brew Pub
New York, United States
bandwagonbeer.com

Style: Rye Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Hojaminbag on 12-14-2010

Liked:
3.5/5
Alströms:

3.5/5  rDev 0%

I did not inquire as to why this beer is called "lightweight," and I don't really know myself. Not sure what the ABV is either. Maybe I should have figured out a little bit more about this beer, but something tells me I'm the only person I let down because there's a pretty good chance no one reads these reviews except myself.

Anyway, Lightweight Rye IPA has a translucent brown body and a tan head that is about a finger tall.

The aroma is dominated by rye bread, with some hops beyond that.

The flavor leans on malt rye heavily, and as a result the principle flavors are spicy/seedy rye and a sweetness that is very reminiscent of bread. Lightweight RYE ipa does a good job of using the rye, which is evidenced by the result of the full flavor of the rye being expressed, instead of just a vague spiciness. The rye pairs with some more conventional malted barley to add some more sweetness. The hops are clearly present, but at most are equally balanced when compared to the malt. They add a little bit of citrus, but they mainly bring grassy flavors and bitterness.

Medium bodied, appropriately carbonated: thumbs up.

Lightweight Rye IPA is a solid RYE beer.

Lightweight Rye IPA from Bandwagon Brew Pub