Undercover India Black Ale | Bandwagon Brew Pub

Bandwagon Brew Pub
New York, United States
bandwagonbeer.com

Style: American Black Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Hojaminbag on 04-28-2011

3.6/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Undercover India Black Ale has a dark brown to black body and a small brown head. Not a whole lot of lacing or retention.

The aroma has a bit of citrus and pine followed by a good bit of dark bread.

Honestly, this tastes like a moderately hoppy American Porter to me. I only labeled it the way that I did because the brewer was adamant about the style. Hops lead off in a moderate amount in the form of bit of fruity citrus, and a slightly larger pine flavor. Just a bit of bitterness is hidden by the malt as it takes over. Lots of dark bread and a bit of caramel. Perhaps just a touch of roast.

Smooth, medium bodied, adequate carbonation.

Whether this is an American Black Ale (or whatever the hell this style is called) or an American Porter, I like it. After finishing my first pint I ordered another.

Undercover India Black Ale from Bandwagon Brew Pub