Double Overhead Imperial IPA | Half Moon Bay Brewing Company

10%

4.19/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

3.65/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev +11.8%

3.82/5  rDev +0.5%

Wow! This was an amazing offering by HMB. I got to try this one at the brewery when I was visiting family. It was a golden straw color with a pillowy white head. The head lasted a little bit, then died out to a laceing. The smell was very strong with hops and citrus hints. I'm definately not a huge fan of the hoppier beers, but this one was definately a good one, even to me. I think the big thing for this beer is the strong hops in the aroma and taste. It's a very in your face beer, named after an in your face place, so I guess it's quite fitting. If you ever get the chance to try this one, you definately need to do it. After this beer, I think I may have started to like the hoppier beers. Thanks HMB!!!

Double Overhead Imperial IPA from Half Moon Bay Brewing Company