Golden Bear Brown Ale | Huntington Beach Beer Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Huntington Beach Beer Company
hbbeerco.com

Style: English Brown Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Halcyondays on 11-29-2007

3.5/5  rDev -3.6%

3.75/5  rDev +3.3%

3.57/5  rDev -1.7%

On-tap at Huntington Beach Beer Co.

A: Pours a very dark amber color, not quite brown, with a small/thin off-white head.

S: Chocolate is the first thing I get when lifting the glass to my nose. Plenty of toffee and nuttiness with a moderate roast. Maybe a touch of vanilla on the nose as well.

T: Much more roasty on the palate with a bigger toast and coffee flavor. Dark chocolate and toffee provide some sweetness, but there is also a prune flavor that becomes sweeter and sweeter as you drink more of the beer.

M: Medium in body with a moderate level of carbonation.

O: I liked this one, but I don't know if I'd want to take down more than the sample glass of it.

3.69/5  rDev +1.7%

On-tap at HBBC,

A: Pours a dark brown out of the tap, with a full white head, which leaves lots of sticky lacing on the pint glass as the beer is drunk.

S: Light smell of dark malt and toast.

T: Very good taste, was a little shocked at how good it was, after having the tasty, but mediocre Altbier. Full caramel malt taste, a bit of dark fruit mixed in, brown sugar and molasses also came to mind. A simple taste, but a good one.

M: A little too light in body, I know this is a Brown Ale, but I feel it was lacking something. However, it was creamy and smooth and easy drinking, which I liked.

D: Overall, a tasty brown ale from the HBBC, definitely a beer you could have more than one of in a night, a great session beer.

Golden Bear Brown Ale from Huntington Beach Beer Company